National Protected Areas Project
What is the project about?
Jamaica is seen as a global conservation priority, with around 1400 endemic species and rich biodiversity. The project's goal is to safeguard this through consolidating the operational and financial sustainability of Jamaica's system of National Protected Areas. The project aims to work through:
- Strengthening and planning of revenue generation.
- Rationalizing and integrating the system of national protected areas.
- Increasing the effectiveness of protected area management.
- Integrated land, coastal zones, water and energy management practices improved.
- Institutional capacity strengthened to efficiently implement policies and plans.
- Land, water and sanitation management strengthened in target communities.